Limited liability partnership is a combination of both partnership and corporation. It has the
feature of both these forms. As the name suggests partners have limited liability in the
company which means that personal assets of the partners are not used for paying off the
debts of the company.
Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) Registration
Limited liability partnership is a combination of both partnership and corporation. It has the feature of both these forms. As the name suggests partners have limited liability in the company which means that personal assets of the partners are not used for paying off the debts of the company. Nowadays it has become very popular form of business as many entrepreneurs are opting this. All limited liability partnership is governed under the limited liability partnership act of 2008. Every Limited Liability Partnership shall use the words “Limited Liability Partnership” or its acronym “LLP” as the last words of its name. Every LLP shall have at least two designated partners being individuals, at least one of them being resident in India and all the partners shall be the agent of the Limited Liability Partnership.
Procedure For LLP Registration
Complete our LLP Form
You need to fill our simple LLP online questionnaire and submit LLP documents.
Obtain DSC and DPIN for LLP
After submitting your documents we will provide you with DSC and DPIN
LLP Verification & Name Approval
Details provided by you will be verified & then we shall apply for LLP name approval.
LLP Document Submission
We will create all the required documents (MOA & AOA) and file them with ROC for your LLP.
Your work is completed
Once your LLP is incorporated, we shall send you LLP certificate and DSCs
Documents Required For LLP Registration
- Copy of PAN Card of partners
- Passport size photograph of partners
- Copy of Aadhaar Card/ Voter identity card/ Driver’s license as address proof
- Electricity/ Water bill/ Telphone bill/ Latest bank statement as proof of Registered Office (Business Place)
- Copy of Sale Deed/Property Deed (If owned property)
- Landlord NOC (Format will be provided)
- Passport (in case of Foreign Nationals/ NRIs)
- Digital Signature Certificate
- Copy of NOC from the property owner
Steps to form an LLP
Before starting the process of registration, you must enrol for the DSC of the designated partners of the proposed LLP. Applying for DSc is important because the registration process of LLP is done online and requires to be digitally signed.
So, the LLP partners must get the DSC from government-approved certifying agencies.
After applying for DSC the next step is to enrol for DPIN and DIN application for the proposed Partners of the LLP. Within a timeframe of 5 to 7 working days, DPIN and DIN. The application for allotment of DIN has to be made in Form DIR-3. You have to add the scanned copy of Aadhaar and PAN to the form. The form needs to be signed by a Company Secretary in full- time employment of the company or by the Managing Director, Director or CEO of the existing company in which the candidate shall be designated as a director.
LLP-RUN i.e. Limited Liability Partnership-Reserve Unique Name needs to registered for the reservation of name of proposed LLP. This is further treated by the Central Registration Centre under Non-STP. But before circulating the name in the form, it is suggested that you use the free name search facility on LegalRaasta portal. The system will give the list of exactly resembling names of existing LLPs. 1-6 is the limit proposed names are expected to be given to the MCA.
Once the name is approved, one requires to draft Memorandum of association and Articles of Associate. Both MOA and AOA are registered with the MCA with the agreement statement.
The form used for incorporation is FiLLiP(Form for incorporation of Limited Liability Partnership) which must be registered with the Registrar who has jurisdiction over the state in which the registered office of the LLP is located. The form will be an integrated form. Incorporation documents can be presented to the MCA along with an application for incorporation.
Then you require to apply for PAN and TAN. PAN and TAN and receive in 7 working days. You can submit the Incorporation certificate, MOA, AOA and PAN with the bank for opening your bank account.
Important forms in LLP Registration
- RUN – LLP Reserve Unique Name-Limited Liability Partnership- A form for reserving a name for the LLP
- FiLLiP – A Form for incorporation of LLP
- Form 5- Notice for change of name
- Form 17- Application and statement for the conversion of a firm into LLP
- Form 18- Application and Statement for conversion of a private company or unlisted public company into LLP
What Is Included In Our LLP Registration Package?
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the minimum number of Partners required to start a Limited Liability Partnership?
2. Who can become a partner in LLP?
3. Do I have to be available in person to incorporate an LLP?
4. Once I pay for the incorporation, is there any other payment before I get the Incorporation Certificate?
5. How much money do I need to invest upfront in starting the business?
6. Can NRIs/Foreign Nationals be a Designated Partner in LLP?
7. Can I register the LLP at my home address?
Why Choose Madras Filings
GOT QUESTIONS? GET A FREE CONSULTATION
We’re here to help answer your questions. Financial matters can be complicated, our experts are on hand to help inform you of every aspect regarding your topic.